The Vision & Purpose of Summit College
- To create an all-intensive training ground to grow young leaders in leadership influence & skill…and then to send them out more equipped & ready to impact their sphere of influence in the marketplace/workforce or vocational ministry with the good news of Jesus.
- To help The Summit Church reach the 116,000+ college students in the RDU area (and the 1500+ that already go to Summit) and mobilize them to be “missionaries” in whatever strategic context God leads them, whether that be local, national, or international.
- Invest in D_Groups & Student Leaders through meeting weekly in organized time
- Invest in D_Groups & Student Leaders even more in “informal” time and Family Group Time
- Recruit & Spur On Student Leaders in Discipleship Process
- Invest and reach out to “Unconnected and Lost” students
- Recruit Fresh10, Black Mountain Weekend, SC United, ServeRDU, etc.
- Recruit for Summer Projects like City Project, Second City, and 2_Year
- Spur On Campus Ministry Students towards the Mission
- At Church Campus (being the “college presence/pastor” at your Summit Campus)
Secondary Role (3-7hrs)
- Serve our Team & the College Movement in an area that you are passionate about & gifted in leading (Counseling, SC United, Retreats, Admin, Local Outreach, Missions, Reconciliation, etc.)
Invested Team Member of SummitCollege (3-7hrs)
- Committed Teammate in SummitCollege Meetings & Dinners
- Plan, Facilitate, and Participate in Events or Retreats
Church Staff Member (5-10hrs)
- Committed Teammate to Your Summit Campus
- Involved with other pastors & members at your campus
- Involved in ALL SUMMIT STAFF Gatherings (i.e. Staff Retreat, ALL STAFF Prayer Days, etc.)