Real Life Church’s Residency Program is a 12-24 month leadership development program for emerging leaders looking to pursue vocational ministry. The program is designed to give hands-on experience along with personal mentoring and leadership training to Equip, Educate and Empower emerging church leaders for a lifetime of ministry significance. The goal is to make all resident graduates highly hireable in their pursuit of a career in successful ministry.
During your residency with the RLC you will experience deep growth in your Leadership Intelligence (LQ), Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and Spiritual Intelligence (SQ). This will be accomplished through ministry experience and leadership empowerment.
Our leadership curriculum is derived from the School of Advanced Leadership Training (S.A.L.T) from Hope International University. Residents will complete a minimum of 4 courses from HIU but also have the opportunity to pursue a MA degree in Christian Leadership if desired. The RLC Residency program is focused on these four key areas:
- Spiritual Formation
- Organizational Structure
- Relational Shepherding
- Focused Leadership
Typical Work Week: Sunday - Thursday
Real Life Church is a multisite non-denominational church that exists to help people find and follow Jesus. Our grandiose vision is to plant 30 more churches and/or multisite campuses by 2030 (30 by 30).
Keys to Success:
- Have a relationship with Christ that is evident through personal time with God, participating in fostering community, and being generous with time, talents, and treasures.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and leadership ability, leading by example in the work of ministry and building up the body of Christ.
- Ability to initiate and leverage relationships quickly and authentically.
- Complete work on time, with a spirit of excellence while asking what else needs to be done.
- Be detail-minded, setting a culture for all volunteers to care about the little things to accomplish great things.
- Experience working in ministry environments
- Passion to grow as a leader
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and works well with volunteers
- Teachable and humble
- Open to change
Specific Role Ministry – 70%
- Resident will spend the majority of their experience in a specific ministry department as a Coach or Ministy Team Lead in our Pipeline. The Resident's supervisor is tasked with developing and increasing the capacity of the Resident with immersive ministry and leadership functions.
Personal Development – 20%
- Resident will be learn and grow in self-awareness (Emotional Intelligence), spiritual disciplines (Spiritual Intelligence) and leadership development (Leadership Intelligence) through a ministry mentor and the educational classes provided.
Team Player – 10%
- The Ministry Resident will be asked to possibly help with all necessary ministry operations for Real Life Church and events dependent on the resident's specific ministry role.
*A role-specific job description will be provided upon acceptance into the program.