Program Outline and Job Overview
Job Title: X150 Apprentice
Department: Calvary Institute
Supervisor: Paul Colton
Start: Onboards each Fall (August) and at the beginning of the year (January)
Calvary’s Apprenticeship is a 24-month program to equip future ministry leaders to help start and serve healthy local churches. Throughout the program, apprentices will be provided opportunities for hands-on ministry experience, intentional mentoring, and ongoing training. Calvary’s Apprenticeship Program aims to help men and women develop a Kingdom framework for ministry and the necessary skills applicable in all church contexts – church campuses, international church planting movements, church revitalizations, and church plants throughout the United States.
- Calvary’s Apprenticeship provides real-world ministry experience. From the outset of the program, Calvary will provide individualized opportunities to work alongside church staff and leaders to identify needs, develop strategies, and implement solutions.
- Multiple training environments and platforms are incorporated into the program, allowing you to pursue seminary education, participate in staff retreats and conferences, complete a four-month practicum alongside one of Calvary’s church planting partners, choose from tailored continuing education curricula, and complete NAMB and/or IMB training modules.
- You will also be paired with a key ministry leader (in your desired area of service) to provide mentoring throughout the course of the program. Mentoring is not designed to make you better at your job but to help foster holistic development in spiritual, personal, and professional growth. Our goal is to work with Apprentices to help them realize their calling and provide them with opportunities to refine skills in their desired area of ministry.
Calvary Apprentices can choose one from these areas of focus:
Pastoral • Worship • Church Revitalization • International Church Planting • Adult Discipleship • National Church Planting • Community Engagement • Student Ministry
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- 40 hours/week is allocated according to the following:
- 5 hours of theological/ministry training.
- 30 hours of hands-on ministry experience.
- 5 hours of coaching, discipleship, and prep.
- Participate in and lead discipleship groups utilizing Calvary’s discipleship strategy that includes easily reproducible tools applicable in all church contexts.
- Actively share the Gospel
- Maintain and further develop spiritual disciplines.
- Become a member and serve at Calvary Church.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Supervisory and leadership skills. (Servant leadership)
- Ability to function in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software.
Who can Apply:
- College graduates
- Those with long-term vocational or co-vocational ministry goals.
- Someone who actively serves in their local Church
- Salary – Apprentices are required to raise funds for the total cost of their employment. Calvary partners with Reliant to provide full support raising training.
- We are committed to working with participants to provide a customized budget and support to ensure you reach your fundraising goals.
- Seminary Credit – Calvary partners with Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary to provide in-person classes and seminary credit hours to participants who are also enrolled at SEBTS.
- Housing – Housing is not provided.