The Catalyst Church Residency exists to equip and deploy future church leaders. It is a 1-2 year program during which you will be a full-time member of the Catalyst Church Staff Team. Your assigned areas of ministry will depend on your residency track, giftings, passions, and areas of need within Catalyst Church. While not required, we recommend that you take 2-3 seminary classes each semester and provide you hours during the work week to do some homework!
- College Staff Track: The university campus is a ripe mission field and a potent mission force. Our Catalyst College team functions as a missionary and disciple-making team at CNU. This track is for recent college graduates seeking to give their first 1-2 years to the mission of God on the university campus and who may or may not be called into lifelong vocational ministry. We hope you will join our efforts to see a disciple-making, church-planting movement explode from Newport News.
- Ministry Staff Track: You will be placed in an area of ministry within the church (ie, Worship, Community Groups, Kids, Serving Teams, etc). You will have meaningful responsibility within the church, incredible learning experiences on a church staff, and the opportunity to gain a theological education. This track is for those with little to no theological education and vocational ministry experience.
- Pastoral Track: The church in America has a shortage of qualified men to lead and serve as pastors. This track develops men into godly leaders who sense a calling to pastoral ministry, some theological training, and some ministry experience. This track is similar in many ways to the Ministry Staff track, with added elder development, teaching, and preaching opportunities.
- Phase 1 - Application (click apply to start!)
- Phase 2 - Ministry Assessment
- You will receive an email with your ministry assessment questions after your application is reviewed
- *NOTE: You will not be able to save your answers in between sections. Please set aside an hour to do this assessment*
- Phase 3 - Local Interview
- An interview will be done by your local supervision based on your ministry application and assessment